Pre-Review: Asterisk

Pau Aliagas linuxnow at newtral.org
Tue Aug 23 10:10:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 20:41 -0500, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the Zaptel drivers are required even if you don't have
>> Zaptel hardware, or you lose some of the more interesting
>> functionality (esp. conferencing).
>
> That really shouldn't be hard to fix. I posted a patch to asterisk-dev a
> while ago which attempts to use POSIX timers instead of the zaptel
> timing. I don't think it was complete, but it was a good start.

I've got asterisk packages for Fedora 3 working flawlessly, not updated for a
couple of months, but with the necessary patches, initscripts, specs, etc,
ready to work with 2.6 kernels.

I don't have the time to post hm to Extras but I'm willing to send them to
anyone who wants them, just drop me an email.

--

Pau