rpmlint errors

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Wed Aug 24 14:06:47 UTC 2005

In the ATLAS package I'm working on, I'm getting some rpmlint errors and
warnings in the devel package that don't make sense to me. I've put all
of the headers in /usr/include/atlas, and they're all causing this error:

E: atlas-devel script-without-shellbang /usr/include/atlas/atlas_reflvl3.h

I have some library symlinks in /usr/lib and some in /usr/lib/atlas, but
only the ones in /usr/lib/atlas are giving me this:
W: atlas-devel dangling-relative-symlink /usr/lib/atlas/libblas.so
libblas.so.3.0

Another related question--I'm using a configuration file
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/atlas-%{arch}.conf, and rpmlint wants me to do
%config(noreplace) in front of it. Can anyone explain what the noreplace
does? It's not documented in the Maximum RPM doc.

-Quentin