branches for platform one canot test on

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 11:49:04 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 11:01 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Is there a policy about doiong branches for packages one cannot test?
> For example I don't have a FC-3 to test a package I just added to cvs
> (pam_ssh if you want to know) but I can't see why it shouldn't work, once
> it builds. Should I request the branch?

This may be a dumb question/response, but isn't mock made to handle this
scenario?  My understanding is that it builds a chroot environment
(/var/lib/mock/[branch-arch]) and builds your package there, so even if
you don't run Rawhide, for example, you can test a build on it.  This
might make a good addition to the Wiki for us new Extras packagers.