missing documentation about dist/tags

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Aug 27 10:08:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

There is a bit of documentation missing about the tagging in cvs for extras.
In fact almost all the documentation is available but, in my opinion, not
easily found especially for new contributors (if I didn't made mistakes...).

Indeed in Contributor (and  NewPackageProcess) the tagging is described by

#When you're happy with the source, go into the branch directory (e.g. cd FC-3/)
and run: make tag

    * You should see it tag the branch with the version and release from the
spec file.

# You need to tag all the branches that you want to build.

But it isn't explained that it doesn't work as is. I think that here, and
also in BuildRequests (or  UsingCvsFaq) it should be explained that
"a tag must be unique in the fedora build system".

In NewPackageProcessMarkTwo there are some missing items that are in
NewPackageProcessMark (in PACKAGE COMPLETION) but there is a link to
BuildRequest so adding it to BuildRequests should be right.

A reference to DistTag are missing in BuildRequests (there is one in the
PackagingGuidelines, however).

--
Pat