missing documentation about dist/tags

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Aug 27 13:11:26 UTC 2005

> I disagree, the extra steps about closing the review bugreport and
> editing the owners file are only needed for a new package. When

Isn't that what NewPackageProcessMarkTwo is about?

> requesting builds for update, you don't need to do those extras
> steps... you simply need to get the updates committed into CVS,tag the
> branch, and request a build against that branch.

This document is about a new package and it describes the steps:

         1.    Check the new package into CVS.
         2.    Request a build.
         3.    When the package is building properly, close the bug NEXTRELEASE.
         4.    Check out "owners" module in CVS and edit "owners.list" file to
               create a bugzilla component for the package.

However what is missing is the explanations about how to check out cvs
"you need to run ./common/cvs-import.sh nameofmy.src.rpm" and also
"Request additional branches here: Extras/CVSSyncNeeded".

--
Pat