issue with make dist/cvs commit

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 13:15:09 UTC 2005

On 8/27/05, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hit by something that looks like a bug(?) of the tag/build system.
> Here is what I did (for pam_ssh)
>
> First there was no %{?dist} in the spec file. I did
>
>   cd devel
>   make tag
>   make plague
>
> Then I wanted to request a build in FC-4. So
>
>   cd FC-4
>   make tag
>  -> it complains that the tag must be unique

I am more interested in why you got the "must be unique" error  before
you went back and tried to add the disttag to the spec. All this
discussion of using "disttag" in the spec i think is just confusing
you... its recommended but wholely optional. I don't understand why
you go the "must be unique" error unless you accidently did something
else that you are not describing in this email.

-jef