sqlite in Extras (yes, again...)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 16:43:18 UTC 2005

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> I hate to dredge up old topics, but bug #175607 wants sqlite 3 in FE3.
> Does anyone want to veto this at this time, or should I proceed to
> import FC4 sqlite 3 into FE3 after modifying the release appropriately?

With FC3 soon going to Legacy, we are considering slowing down the
addition of new stuff to FE3 because of concern that maintenance will
lapse.  My opinion is that you should only add things to FE3 if you are
willing to maintain it until that distribution is retired in Legacy.
This is currently an indeterminate length of time, as the proposed
length is when interest in that distro falls to a point where the
community is not able to keep it secure anymore.

So go ahead if you're confident in your ability to keep it updated in
the future.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com