owners owners.list,1.459,1.460

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Mon Dec 26 18:08:10 UTC 2005

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>I'd like to add one thing to your thinking -- some of his reviews simply
>had a
>----
>Congragulations, your src.rpm has succesfully passed the test including
>rpmlint
>with built rpm and mock.
>
>The spec file fully complies with Packaging Guidelines
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines.
>
>It is the honor to get [...] package status as FE-ACCEPTED
>----
>or similar statements. Some other people do it like this, too. I would
>feel much more comfortable if we would have a statement like the
>following in the Review Guidelines:
>
>"The Reviewer in the bugreport has to explicit list all the important
>things he checked when approving a package."

and the "similar statements" above just will contain more words...

BTW, I prefer to avoid this "list of all checked things", considering it
as a bugzilla spam. Only remarks/suggestions/nitpicks should be present
in the bugzilla ticket.

The silence means OK (notwithstanding that it can be not OK). Anyway,
the requirement for skilled reviewer to manually write something about
each review item is too hard. The reviewer should focus on the package,
but not on the bureaucracy...

Dmitry Butskoy