Postgrey, Net::Server, IO::Multiplex, BerkleyDB

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Dec 5 04:18:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 02:00 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/
>
> Before I spend time packaging Postgrey and its perl module dependencies,
> has anyone already done this?

I have, but for EL3: http://ftp.nakedape.cc/nakedape/rhel3/rpm/postgrey/

All of my dependencies are met through my own repo, RPMforge or the
dist, so it shouldn't be too bad on Fedora.  Hm, I guess I'm a a couple
minor revisions behind.

> Is anyone else interested in maintaining postgrey in Extras?  I'm only
> interested in testing it and unsure yet if I will be using it in the
> long-term.

It's a nice package, although I've considered using SQLgrey instead, so
I could keep the lists in MySQL, along with my SA Bayes and whitelists.
I'm not sure about volunteering to maintain it for Fedora, since I run
most of my servers on RHEL/CentOS for longevity.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *