How to remove a package from FE (devel)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 01:14:40 UTC 2005

On 12/5/05, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I packaged a special (newer) version of libgsf called libgsf113 for
> goffice, whic in turn was needed for gnumeric / gnucash. Core now has
> upgraded to the newer version.
>
> I'll ask (bugzilla) core to add an Obsoletes libgsf113, but do how I
> remove the package from the extras devel repo, and what should I do with
> bugzilla component (0 entries) and CVS?

This sort of  a situation where you conflict with Core's update path
should be avoided. it would have been best if you had communicated
with the Core maintainer of libgst before you went ahead and made
libgsf113 in fe-devel.  Did you try to contact the Core maintainer of
libgsf before deciding to create this additional package?

Since this only affects development I'm not sure its appropriate to
have Core place an obsoletes, but that's something for Core to
determine.

-jef