fixed order when installing packages

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Dec 11 11:05:37 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 11:21 +0100, Dan Horák wrote:

> is there a way to install packages in an explicit order?

Yes, normally a plain Requires is enough, and there is also PreReq, and
Requires(pre/post/preun/postun) for more specific scenarios.
http://rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-depend-manual-dependencies.html#S3-RPM-DEPEND-FINE-GRAINED

>  In the TinyERP
> package I am creating its user and group in the %pre scripts, so I have
> fedora-usermgmt package in %Requires. In this situation the
> fedora-usermgmt package is installed in the group with tinyerp. But it
> can be (and on my clean system it was) after installing tinyerp, so the
> user and group are not created.

The tinyerp package is buggy, it has unneeded "Requires(pre):
fedora-usermgmt" in the main package, but should have "Requires(pre):
fedora-usermgmt" and "Requires(postun): fedora-usermgmt" in the -server
subpackage.