Devel branch rebuilds

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Dec 22 04:04:32 UTC 2005

According to a thread on the devel list - it pretty much is up to the
packager to rebuild on their own.

I know from personal experience this is necessary for stuff built
against libstdc++ even if the shared library hasn't changed - one of my
packages hadn't been rebuilt for awhile, I compiled something with gcc-c
++-4.1.0 and it segfaulted, but early stuff I compiled against it
worked.

I rebuilt the package with no changes - then the segfaulting switched
(new software worked just find, old software linked against it
segfaulted) until I rebuilt the older stuff again.

I'm sure most of you are aware of this, but I just wanted to remind
those that are able to to test their stuff to see if it needs a rebuild
when core devel freezes in prep for Test2.