seeing config.log for a failed build

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Dec 23 09:59:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 10:16 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some builds (grads) that fails with a ./configure error. Is there a
> mean to have a look at the config.log file (not a big deal otherwise, I'll
> just ExcludeArch)?
I can't answer this question, but I see something else:

+ ./bootstrap
acinclude.m4:358: warning: underquoted definition of GA_SET_FLAGS
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

You are running the autotools as part of building. I'd recall how many
times I tried to advise packagers not to do so.

You are very likely becoming victim of a configuration's
incompatibilities to modern autotools and to bugs in a configuration
being raised by running modern autotools on packages relying upon
outdated autotools.

The log message above is a strong indication this might happen be
happening to you in this particular case - However, without having
analyzed the details, this is a wild guess.

Ralf