Failed update build in devel branch

Jeff Carlson jeff at ultimateevil.org
Mon Dec 26 17:40:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

This morning I finally tried to update up-imapproxy in devel.  It builds
against OpenSSL, which is 0.9.8a in devel, and needs a rebuild in order
to link properly.

This sounds simple enough.

It failed on i386.  It really looked like it succeeded on x86_64, but
there are no packages there.  And it was canceled on ppc.  (Does a
failure in one of the arches automatically force a cancel in the others?)

I saved the build log.  I put it up on my server at
http://www.ultimateevil.org/~jeff/Fedora/2243-up-imapproxy-1.2.4-5.fc5-i386-build.log

I don't run rawhide and I'm not much of a C programmer, so I'm not sure
how I can fix this.  Perhaps upstream needs to know there are changes
needed to support OpenSSL 0.9.8a.

Or is there an openssl097-compat package in rawhide now?  If so, do I
just change the BR to that?  How do I find a list of what packages are
currently available in rawhide if I'm not running it?

If someone running rawhide wants to pull my spec out of CVS and give
this a shot, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff