Anjuta x86_64 crashes when creatina a new project.

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Feb 3 16:56:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:56:33 -0500, Dawid Zamirski wrote:

> Regardless of the project type I choose, the program throws the
> following error message:
>
> "The Application "anjuta" has quit unexpectedly.
> You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.  Or
> you can restart the application right now."
>
> It happerns when it launches autogen.sh
> I didn't have such problem with Anjuta-1.2.2-3.1 from dag repository.

Could be true. Please file a bug report at http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Can anybody confirm this and contribute some trouble-shooting?

I looked up the package you referred to. There is no patch or anything
like that in Dag's source rpm, and the spec file differences are subtle.
So, in case you only replaced Anjuta, downgrading to Dag's version
should make it work again for now.

The x86_64 packages are basically a free extra of a src.rpm rebuild and
maybe an added fix to make it build at all. Many of the packages would
benefit from dedicated testers and maintainers who make sure everything
works on x86_64.