snort ?

Daniel Wittenberg daniel-wittenberg at starken.com
Fri Feb 4 17:02:36 UTC 2005

With the regular snort RPM's we used /etc/init.d mainly because of
standards and made it easier for portability, since most other RPM-based
distros we saw were using /etc/init.d

We also did split the packages are purpose because of what is mentioned
here, the 3 classes of people wanting 3 different builds, and when snort
is on firewalls and sometimes critical area, people tend not to want it
to be bloated with more code than it has to.

Just FYI on why we did things certain ways in case it helps.

Dan