Updating clamav

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 00:02:27 UTC 2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:50:03 +0100, Enrico Scholz
<enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> smooge at gmail.com ("Stephen J. Smoogen") writes:
>
> > Extra currently has 0.71 clamav, and the stable clamav is 0.81 with
> > security fixes. With that in mind.. what can I do to get an updated
> > spec file/srpm/ for the build system?
>
> I really don't know if I shall give it free for publishing. There are
> lots of non-trivial changes between 0.71 and 0.81 which should pass QA
> first. But as you said... 0.71 has security issues and does not accept
> new databases.
>
> For now, you could either check it out from CVS or use my src.rpm[1]
> submitted for QA.

Ok what can I do to help QA this. I have been using the DAG version
0.81 on my RHEL-3 box.. and know most of the items needed.

I am moving my RHEL-3 box to Fedora since my RHEL-QA license has
ended. I would like to get the various code issues I have compiled for
RHEL into the extras tree (mimedefang, and bsdgames)

> Enrico
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/fedora/clamav-0.81-0.fdr.2.src.rpm

Thanks I am recompiling locally and will test.
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator