fedora-extras-release

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 23:33:36 UTC 2005

Justin Georgeson wrote:

>Matthias Saou writes:
>

>>Too bad though that it seems sysconfig/rhn/ can only take info from the
>>single "sources" file, as from my understanding this means that the current
>>RHN notification tool won't automatically be aware of Extras after this
>>package is installed.
>>

>Add a post install script that does
>
>echo "..." >> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
>
>and a post uninstall script that does
>
>grep -v "..." /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources > /tmp/sources.new
>mv /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmsave
>mv /tmp/sources.new /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
>
>You could add some 'if [ $? != 0 ]; ...' stuff to rollout the changes if a
>command fails, but it would mean that up2date can use Extras and the rhn_applet
>will se updates.
>
>:)
>
>--

I'd me more in favor of the script checking the
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to see if an entry exists, then appending the
entry into the file if there are no entries for fedora-extras. I use
up2date a lot and use specific mirrors that I would not like to have
bothered.

Jim

--
character density, n.:
	The number of very weird people in the office.