Bugzilla usage (was: Re: kmymoney2)

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Mon Feb 7 15:05:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:15:24AM +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Regarding the software that will never be able to make it into Fedora, may
> it be Core, Extras or any other part, I also agree that we need a list
> somewhere for reference and where to direct recurrent requests. I guess a
> Wiki page would be enough, with a list of obvious reasons "Copyrighted
> material", "Patented code in the USA", "Non-free license" etc. and lists of
> precise software concerned.

It would be good if the reason was verbose enough that license changes/patent
expiry/etc could quickly be compared to the former legal reasons for
excluding the software to see if anything's really changed or what specific
license requirements are problematic.  A list that would have been helpful
to explain the MySQL 4 problems to people at various stages, for instance.

-Toshio