Packages failing build on PPC.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 8 09:06:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 11:28 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 11:51 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > You don't happen to have the build logs available somewhere, so non-
> > PPC-owner package maintainers could have a look?
>
> ftp://peach.ipv6.infradead.org/pub/SRPMS.extras/logs/

Also now http://david.woodhou.se/fc3-extras-ppc-logs/ for the benefit of
the IPv6-challenged (although most of you have no excuse for that).

I'd appreciate it if package maintainers could take a quick look -- if a
build log for your package exists, that's because it failed to build.

I can give accounts on PPC machines to package maintainers who need it.

Some things in there are OK to be i386-only, but others I'm not sure
about -- why sqlite, for example? I see PPC builds of that elsewhere. So
I've included all packages here.

In the long run, I'd like to see a policy of having to have a bug filed
to permit _any_ architecture exclusion. Even if that's a long-term thing
like "LILO doesn't make any sense at all on non-i386", I'd like to see
it filed, and I'd like to see the build system refusing to honour
ExcludeArch: or ExclusiveArch: without the bug number being listed in
the specfile.

--
dwmw2