Octave add-on packages

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Feb 22 15:59:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 09:36 -0600, Quentin Spencer wrote:

>(3) move octave into Extras. I think option 3 makes the most sense,
>particularly since octave has a relatively small user base (it may also
>make sense to do the same with the blas and lapack libraries--there are
>likely not many other programs that use them).

I think this logic makes the most sense, I don't think anything depends
on octave in Core. Ivana Varekova owns this package in FC (and is CC'd
here). Since we're bursting at the seams in Core, this seems like a good
package to move to extras, where it can then depend on FFTW.

Ivana, would you be opposed to moving octave to core and linking it to
FFTW?

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!