netmon_applet

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Wed Feb 23 16:53:52 UTC 2005

> I'm just now writing the naming standards for rpm, and there are already
> two "do not do XXX" items in your package. (Not your fault, I can't
> write these standards fast enough to keep up with new packages)
>
> - Don't use underscores in the rpm name. Use - as a delimiter.

pam_ccreds-1-4.ppc.rpm
pam_ccreds-1-4.ppc64.rpm
pam_krb5-2.1.2-1.ppc.rpm
pam_krb5-2.1.2-1.ppc64.rpm
pam_passwdqc-0.7.5-2.ppc.rpm
pam_passwdqc-0.7.5-2.ppc64.rpm
pam_smb-1.1.7-5.ppc.rpm
pam_smb-1.1.7-5.ppc64.rpm

Will these core packages be renamed?  This convention has been used by Red
Hat's PAM module packages for as long as I can remember.  There are also
many more examples of the '_' character in Fedora Core.

--
Mike