specfile questions

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Thu Feb 24 15:26:22 UTC 2005

I'm preparing a package for octave-forge, which I asked about a couple
of days ago, and I have a question about spec files. Octave-forge is
closely tied to the version of octave that is installed on the system,
so the Requires: part of the spec file should list a specific version.
It would be nice to have a single SRPM that could build on multiple
versions of Fedora, which may have different versions of octave
installed. Is there a way to do "Requires: octave = <whatever is
installed right now>"?

Quentin