New Packages and a New Layout in Fedora Extras

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Feb 2 16:38:48 UTC 2005

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote :

> > Cool. I've noticed you also cleaned up the packages to remove obsolete
> > builds it seems. Similarly, I think the x86_64 build logs would need
> > cleaning up, since I wanted to go through them to see if there were any
> > bugs I already knew about and could fix, but many of the logs are old
or
> > strange and correspond to packages that are successfully built. For
> > instance :
> >
> > camE
> > caca-utils (very weird, shouldn't it be "libcaca"?)
> > libcaca-devel
>
> I'm also working on those "failed for x86_64" packages ATM ;-) I have a
> rough list of actual x86_64 build problems in pre-extras.
>
> I'll try to bring some info in the wiki later today that should be
> helpful for you. But we should try to avoid working on the same
> packages. Can you mark those you plan to fix in the Wiki after I created
> that list? Thanks.

I haven't started working on fixes, I was just browsing the "failed" build
logs where I found lots of confusing stuff in the logs... thus my remark
regarding cleaning them up. One thing I could do though, if no one else
already started the same thing (you or seth, I guess), would be to list all
x86_64 build logs that are no longer relevant and should be removed.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.753_FC3
Load : 1.34 0.78 0.41