Are packages in Fedora Extras not being QA?

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 22:08:21 UTC 2005

> http://www.fedora.us/PUBLISH
> However as the backlog here indicates, contributors seem to think
> TESTING THINGS BEFORE RELEASING is unreasonably difficult.  Is it?

Using the fast feedback cycle to just move on is often very good.
After some startup time I think having a "stable" branch will be good
where new packages have to stay in some testing brnach first and
each time packages go to major new upstream versions, they should
stay some longer time there until they go into the stable branch.

greetings,

Florian La Roche