Re: fedora-extras-release

seth vidal (skvidal phy duke edu) said:
> Hey folks,
>  Do we need a fedora-extras-release package with, maybe, a fedora-
> extras-release file in /etc and a fedora-extras.repo file
> in /etc/yum.repos.d?
>
> Would that be something we should pull in?

As a container for .repo files, sure. (It could contain
keys, too.)  As a general release distinguisher, I'm not so
certain it has as much use. After all, people shouldn't be
pulling from *multiple* versions, and the version of the
repo should be pretty easy to distinguish from the package version.

Bill