snort ?

Daniel Wittenberg daniel-wittenberg at starken.com
Thu Feb 3 16:07:42 UTC 2005

> Nobody said that.  Apparently, the rpms are not ready.

Are you still looking at the ancient ones?  We have been supporting
Fedora RPMs with snort all along, just didn't get updated in the Fedora
area.  The past is irrelavant at this point to me, I'm looking at the
current RPMs which are much much more refined and build just fine.  If
the Fedora naming scheme is different than what is "officially posted" I
am MORE than happy to drop the 0.fdr out of the name and make the naming
scheme more "standard".  This would also allow me to rip out all of the
special clauses to build specifically for Fedora.

So my question still stands, what would it take to get the CURRENT snort
2.3.0+ RPMs included in Fedora Extras?

Dan