Anjuta x86_64 crashes when creatina a new project.

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Feb 3 17:17:08 UTC 2005

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:56:33 -0500, Dawid Zamirski wrote:
>
> > Regardless of the project type I choose, the program throws the
> > following error message:
> >
> > "The Application "anjuta" has quit unexpectedly.
> > You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.  Or

> > you can restart the application right now."
> >
> > It happerns when it launches autogen.sh
> > I didn't have such problem with Anjuta-1.2.2-3.1 from dag repository.
>
> Could be true. Please file a bug report at http://bugzilla.redhat.com
>
> Can anybody confirm this and contribute some trouble-shooting?
>
> I looked up the package you referred to. There is no patch or anything
> like that in Dag's source rpm, and the spec file differences are subtle.
> So, in case you only replaced Anjuta, downgrading to Dag's version
> should make it work again for now.
>
> The x86_64 packages are basically a free extra of a src.rpm rebuild and
> maybe an added fix to make it build at all. Many of the packages would
> benefit from dedicated testers and maintainers who make sure everything
> works on x86_64.

BTW, about the anjuta rpm, one thing that needs fixing is adding
gettext-devel to the requirements. I just got this report from a user :

From: "Paul Frields"
Subject: Anjuta RPM suggestion

If gettext-devel is not installed, anjuta will fail to autogenerate
Makefile.in (and intl/ folder skeleton) for new projects as new users might

expect. The program defaults as installed then generate errors, which is
not
consistent with Fedora behavioral guidelines. Would it be possible to add a

Requires: gettext-devel for your package so that the behavior is as
expected? Thanks Matthias, I enjoy mirroring your site for use by workers
here in our office.

--

If pcompton is lurking, I hope he'll pick it up, otherwise, the next person
to open a bug report could include it as a bonus ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.753_FC3
Load : 0.53 1.02 1.22