Anjuta deps

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Feb 3 17:29:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:17:08 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:

> BTW, about the anjuta rpm, one thing that needs fixing is adding
> gettext-devel to the requirements. I just got this report from a user :
>
> --
>
> From: "Paul Frields"
> Subject: Anjuta RPM suggestion
>
> If gettext-devel is not installed, anjuta will fail to autogenerate
> Makefile.in (and intl/ folder skeleton) for new projects as new users might
>
> expect. The program defaults as installed then generate errors, which is
> not
> consistent with Fedora behavioral guidelines. Would it be possible to add a
>
> Requires: gettext-devel for your package so that the behavior is as
> expected? Thanks Matthias, I enjoy mirroring your site for use by workers
> here in our office.
>
> --
>
> If pcompton is lurking, I hope he'll pick it up, otherwise, the next person
> to open a bug report could include it as a bonus ;-)

What do you think? Should it also require autoconf, automake and what else
it may run in its autogen scripts? IIRC, we've had the topic before
somewhere, and if some of the tools are considered optional, a separate
anjuta-foo meta package could pull in a complete build environment.

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.10-1.760_FC3
loadavg: 1.01 1.02 1.03