Re: snort ?

Daniel Wittenberg wrote :

> I'm certainly open to making the changes if you want to send them my
> way.  Once they are pushed into the main cvs for snort then hopefully it
> shouldn't need to be updated again.

Here's my first go :
http://ftp.us.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/testing/3/snort/

Please note that I've basically rewritten the spec file... I see no reason
why it wouldn't build fine on cAos or any other major rpm-based
distribution, though.
Both MySQL and PostgreSQL support are included by default, but can be
disabled, and Oracle support is optional and working (I've tested building
against 9i).

I haven't tested resulting binary packages at all yet, nor have I looked at
the init script, sysconfig file or logrotate entry, which are taken from
the original source. But I'll do some testing now, and finish off the last
remaining bit : the log directory (which isn't included yet).

Feedback very welcome of course!

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.753_FC3
Load : 0.15 0.34 0.43