how to use CVS

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Feb 3 20:02:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:40:19 +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:

> I maintain some smaller packages in fedora.us which have been ported to
> Fedora Extras but have a newer version in fedora.us than the version in
> CVS.

Unbelievable. How did this happen? For the FC-2 and older branches
it is likely, because these cannot be created by us (see FC3Status
page in the fedoraproject.org Wiki). But for packages in "devel"
all should be up-to-date.

> My question is now how does the upload process work.
> I have updated the spec and sources file in my local copy of the
> checkout. Before I mess something up I justed wanted to ask how do I
> upload a new tar.gz. Is "make upload" the correct way to upload the
> package?

make new-sources FILES="foo1.tar.gz foo2.tar.gz"

  Uploads files into lookaside cache and creates a new "sources"
  file in your local working copy. You need to commit the "sources"
  files manually.

make upload FILES="foo1.tar.gz foo2.tar.gz"

  Same as above, but _appends_ to local "sources" files.

cvs-import.sh

  Can auto-import full source rpms and create new modules on-the-fly.
  Default branch is "devel". Other branches like "-b FC-2".

HTH