Re: snort ?

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:18:42 -0600, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:

> > > I am obviously missing something, so I'm gonna just sit back and watch
> > > the list now.  When I look at the package names at:
> > >
> > > http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.os/
> > >
> > > That's why I said I had never seen the naming convention followed.
> >
> > *sigh*
> >
> > That's Fedora Core (!) mirrored at download.fedora.us!
> >

> > Look here! This is Fedora.us Extras:
> >
> >   http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/RPMS.stable/
>

> Ok, I feel stupider by the minute, but how can you tell that it is
> extras?  It looks at first glance to me like just the Fedora Core 2
> RPM's?

Enter parent directory where you find the individual channels

  os, updates, updates-testing : Fedora Core + Updates + Test Updates
  stable, testing, unstable    : extras (!)

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraHOWTO
 -> http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraChannels

But this is history. Fedora.us for FC3 never existed, since Fedora
pre-Extras was created at fedoraproject.org/pre-extras. And now we have
"Fedora Extras":

  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/