snort ?

Daniel Wittenberg daniel-wittenberg at starken.com
Thu Feb 3 18:12:51 UTC 2005

No, but it seems to make more sense if we can come up with one, so there
are dozens of copies of snort RPM's out floating around.  I know of at
least 3 different ones right now that all run on FC3.  So if you have
changes you'd like to see, how about sending them to me and I'll look at
pushing them into the official RPM's ?  I personally don't see what's
wrong with specifying which DB you want to compile for, most people in
the past have liked the fact they didn't have to install all the
libraries for both just to recompile the SRPM.  I mean if most of it
ends up getting ripped out then it probably will mean a spec
specifically for FC3, which will be different than from what you get
from snort.org, which I don't like, but that's the way opensource goes I
guess.

Dan