General questions about Extras development

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Feb 3 22:49:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 23:07 +0100, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> Now that Extras is open for package retrieval, I would like to know
> what the policy and procedures are going to be.
>
> I have several packages in Extras taken over from fedora.us (I have
> checked out the CVS)

Here's how you go about getting a fedora extras cvs account:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fCvsAccess

> 1. How am I going to change these?

once you get an account you can.

> 2. How can I check in new ones?
see one.

> 3. When are the packages built?

Right now you edit up this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fFC3Status

 and put the build requests in the second section. Then I build them.
In the future you tag a check in as to be built and it's then built.

Still there, on http://fedoraproject.org/Extras

> 5. How is QA done?
Carefully, we hope. At first it's done by you and we can push packages
into Fedora Extras Testing before they're pushed out to the world.

> 6. Will the process become quicker?

Right now cvs checkin to build has about a 1 day turn around time. I
hope to make it faster than that in the NEAR future.

Hope this helps.

-sv