Re: swsusp, thinkpad module, bootsplash

Kevin Verma wrote:
Hi,

I just want to bring a list of packages I desire some one to create for Fedora under extras. All relates to the kernel package maybe some one will love to patch swsusp2, thinkpad module & bootsplash to Fedora core 3 kernel.

http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/
http://bootsplash.org/
http://bootsplash.de

Fedora Extras will not be doing anything that requires patching the main kernel in Core. If you want certain functionality in the main kernel package, you must convince upstream kernel.org to merge it, then convince davej to enable that feature after we have pulled the new upstream kernel.

Thinkpad module however is something that Fedora Extras has packaged in the past, and can will probably do again in the future. Some kernel infrastructure needs to be fixed in order to make proper module packages that we can agree on for this project.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com