cvs.fedora.redhat.com down

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Feb 4 07:50:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 17:55 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> That is, if I've got the right idea about fixing up (some of the) python
> x86_64 failures.  Am I correct in my assumption that the old
>   %{_libdir}/python%{pyver}/site-packages/...  won't work with x86_64

That might work for arch-dependent Python extensions, and most likely
not for arch-independent ones on x86_64.

> but the new style (as defined in fedora-spectemplates)
>   %{python_sitelib} for arch independent and
>   %{python_sitelib} for arch specific python files will?

The latter should obviously be %{python_sitearch}.  But yes, it should
work.

Note that in the majority of cases, it's not a matter of individual
_files_, but complete Python extension _packages_.

So, if a tarball you're creating contains *any* arch-dependent stuff,
all of it, not only the arch-dependent bits, will probably land in %
{python_sitearch} (ie. what distutils.sysconfig.get_python_lib(1)
returns).