Re: fedora-extras-release

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 10:44 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> seth vidal wrote :
>
> > > Too bad though that it seems sysconfig/rhn/ can only take info from the
> > > single "sources" file, as from my understanding this means that the
> current
> > > RHN notification tool won't automatically be aware of Extras after this
> > > package is installed.
> >
> > Seems like a good reason to make sure pup can be seen from the
> > notification area. :)
>
> Hmmm, this may sound silly to some, but... what is pup? (and where can I
> get more info about it?)

Why it most certainly is silly! :)

Pup stands for Package updater. It is a graphical interface using the
yum backend modules for packaging updating. Paul Nasrat and some others
inside red hat are working on it.

It's not intended to be like synaptic or any of the other updater
interfaces. It's intended to target tasks the user will commonly do and
let them do them more easily.

Check out the archives of the fedora-config-list.

-sv