AFS in Extras

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun Feb 6 17:13:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:59:08AM -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Me, maybe? <http://www.mattdm.org/misc/openafs/>
> Yeah!

:) It's always nice to hear that people are putting all that work to use.

> > And, there's a lot of crazy unstability right now, with surprises with every
> > new kernel release. At the very least, I think this should wait for the 1.4
> > OpenAFS release.
> Any ideas on when that is?  I don't follow OpenAFS mailing lists too
> often.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's this summer. I also wouldn't be surprised if
it's not.

> >   2) hope that NFS4 ends up being amazing and perfect, and start migrating
> >   everything
> Sadly migration really isn't an option for me...

Yeah, nor for a lot of people.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--