Re: FUSE - filesystem in userspace

Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
Hi all, I've been sent here from the fedora-general mailing list. I just
would like to ask people who can to consider fuse (filesystem in userspace)
and sshfs for inclusion into fedora. They both are available at

http://fuse.sourceforge.net

My understanding of this is that this would require patching the FC kernel, which is something Extras cannot do. Is this incorrect?

If that is the case, then you must convince upstream kernel.org to merge FUSE into the standard kernel. Then adding userspace packages like sshfs would be fairly easy to do.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com