FUSE - filesystem in userspace

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 18:45:21 UTC 2005

Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
> Hi all, I've been sent here from the fedora-general mailing list. I just
> would like to ask people who can to consider fuse (filesystem in userspace)
> and sshfs for inclusion into fedora. They both are available at
>
> http://fuse.sourceforge.net

My understanding of this is that this would require patching the FC
kernel, which is something Extras cannot do.  Is this incorrect?

If that is the case, then you must convince upstream kernel.org to merge
FUSE into the standard kernel.  Then adding userspace packages like
sshfs would be fairly easy to do.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com