Re: My open tickets in bugzilla.fedora.us

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:41:56 -1000, Warren Togami <wtogami redhat com> wrote:
> Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> >
> > This would still not solve the issue with linking it with GPL libs
> > like Coin2 and SoQt. I will ask if they can also help us on this
> > topic.
> >

> Yikes, is this even a fixable situation?  AFAIK GPL and LGPL cannot link no?
>
> Warren

Of course IANAL, but my understanding is you can not link a LGPL app
to a GPL library (anything linked to GPL has to be GPL).
On the contrary, you can link a GPL app to a LGPL lib since the latter
gives you the right to link from an app under any license.

So it seems that, in order to allow us to make another OpenMOIV
package linked to Coin, they would need to release the next version as
GPL (or at least with dual licensing).

Gianluca