New candidates for inclusion in Extras : udftools and starfighter-music

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Feb 9 11:52:46 UTC 2005

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> > My understanding of "Public Domain" is that you can basically do
whatever
> > you like with whatever it is that you've got. There are no obligation
of
> > providing the source code AFAIK, but we are here concerned about MOD
music
> > files, not an actual program, so I don't think it's relevant.
> > Basically, they're public domain... seems enough to me to include them.
> > Thoughts?
>
> Yes.
>
> Btw, a .mod file is "the source code" raw material for this type of music
> format. It's not preprocessed.

OK, and thanks for the details. That's what I thought and meant by "not
being relevant", as we do have the source code, it's not like if we had a
public domain binary program without its sources, as we definitely couldn't
include that.

So I'll import "starfighter-music" and make it depend on "starfighter", as
well as make "starfighter" depend on it (but without any versions, as I
don't think it would be useful).

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.760_FC3
Load : 0.15 0.25 0.16