new package for review: logjam

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Feb 10 06:08:04 UTC 2005

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 19:54 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>

>>Consider adding "%_smp_mflags  -j3" to your .rpmmacros, which sometimes
>>exposes Makefile races even on uniprocessor build machines.  Everyone
>>that does packaging should do this, in order to avoid a surprise failure
>>on a SMP build system.
>

> Warren, do you have a good .rpmmacros file that I could use as a
> reference?

Install fedora-rpmdevtools from Extras, then use fedora-buildrpmtree.
That creates a ~/.rpmmacros file for your non-root user along with
non-root build tree in ~/rpmbuild.

[builder5 at ibmlaptop ~]$ cat .rpmmacros
%_topdir      %(echo $HOME)/rpmbuild
%_smp_mflags  -j3
%__arch_install_post   /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths
/usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot

fedora-rpmdevtools contains those two extra build checks, which causes a
build failure if you have bad RPATH or buildroot traces in your package
payload.  It is good to force these problems to be fixed.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com