Fedora Extras CVS Howto somewhere ?

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Feb 10 14:00:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:22:11 +0100, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there some kind of "Fedora Extras CVS Howto" anywhere ? I've read the
> Makefile.common and cvs-import.sh, but I still can't figure out the correct
> way to update a package in CVS. I've updated the spec file, and now what
> should I do ? Is a "make upload FILES=newtarball.tar.gz && cvs ci" enough ?

For uploads and complete src.rpm auto-imports:
 https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-February/msg00098.html

You either prepare your update package outside CVS and then cvs-import.sh
it automatically and your done. Or you prepare your changes in your CVS
working copy, upload new binaries into the lookaside cache, and at the
end commit every changed file including the 'sources' file.

As a test whether the full commit was fine, enter a different directory
and checkout a fresh working copy there. It should succeed in fetching the
binaries from lookaside cache and also pass simple build tests such as
'make i386' or 'make srpm' at least.