fedora-meld.desktop: MimeType=x-directory/normal?

Phillip Compton pcompton at proteinmedia.com
Fri Feb 11 02:25:48 UTC 2005

I've forwarded your message upstream.

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 12:07 +0100, Sven Wahl wrote:
> Hi
>
> I updated meld from version 0.9.4.1-3 to 0.9.5-1 using Fedora Extras
> yesterday. The new .desktop-file
>
> 	fedora-meld.desktop
>
> that comes with meld-0.9.5-1.noarch.rpm contains the following line:
>
> 	MimeType=x-directory/normal;

I found it a bit curious when I was looking at the .desktop entry, but
it had no effect on my machines, so I left it alone thinking it was
harmless.

> This set the file association for directories to meld. So, whenever I'm
> browsing my file system with Nautilus now, Gnome tries to open
> directories with the Meld-Diff Viewer.
>
> Is this an intended feature or is it a bug?

I'd have to say anything that interferes with your ability to use
nautilus is a bug.

Has anyone else tried out the new meld package? are you seeing the same
behavior?

Phil