Fedora Extras Package Updates

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri Feb 11 07:56:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, seth vidal wrote:
> Some busy packagers today. Lots of new/updated stuff.
>      wxPython (x86, x86_64)
>      wxPythonGTK2 (x86, x86_64)

Erm, why do we have two packages of the same thing? Please kill the
package named wxPython from both the repository and CVS, wxPythonGTK2 *is*
wxPython, built with GTK2-support and provides "wxPython" so packages can
depend on the the "real" name. It's named like that because we could (at
least in theory) provide another package of it built against gtk-1.x (or
whatever other widgets it might support) and let the user choose.
At least that was the rationale for the naming in original fedora.us
packaging :)

 	- Panu -