Re: Fedora Extras Package Updates

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, seth vidal wrote:

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 09:56 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, seth vidal wrote:
Some busy packagers today. Lots of new/updated stuff.
     wxPython (x86, x86_64)
     wxPythonGTK2 (x86, x86_64)

Erm, why do we have two packages of the same thing? Please kill the package named wxPython from both the repository and CVS, wxPythonGTK2 *is* wxPython, built with GTK2-support and provides "wxPython" so packages can depend on the the "real" name. It's named like that because we could (at least in theory) provide another package of it built against gtk-1.x (or whatever other widgets it might support) and let the user choose. At least that was the rationale for the naming in original fedora.us packaging :)

deferring to the package maintainer - I'm just a human buildsystem. I was told to build wxPython and wxPythonGTK2, so I did. :)

Wasn't directed at you obviously... *I'm* supposed to be the package maintainer but lacking CVS access, it's a bit hard at times :)

What we probably have here is just an artifact of the mass-import of history and all into CVS - the package has had two names in past.

- Panu -