new package for review: logjam

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Fri Feb 11 10:51:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:45:18 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote :

> sometimes

> failure
> >
> > Sneaking back on topic, with -j3, it still builds for me. I suspect the
> > missing gettext in the buildroot was what caused the translation error.
>
> Yup. And Michael pointed that out in his first review mail : gettext-devel
> is most certainly the guilty one, and you'll need to add it to
> BuildRequires (as he wrote). Note that for RH/RHEL or FC < 3, it's
> "gettext" and not "gettext-devel" since the split happened very recently.

I must admit, I didn't look whether it needed gettext-devel or just
gettext. The former requires the latter, so...

Tom changed the BR to gettext in his last commit.

Based on reading his %changelog, it seems some comments on his package
have flown in via private communication channels. For the benefit of all
of us, please post such comments publicly, e.g. on fedora-extras-list,
so we can learn from them, too. Thank you.

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.10-1.762_FC3
loadavg: 0.04 0.28 0.16