sqlite

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Feb 14 10:52:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 11:34 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>No, the library sonames are not compatible. Hence the different package
>name.

What is there that we need to remain compatible with? Are there packages
outside Fedora Extras which are using 'sqlite' by name and require
version 2? When introducing new versions it's customary to rename the
_old_ version and let the new version keep the real name, isn't it? And
if we do that, do we really need to keep 'sqlite2' around?

(My only interest here is that sqlite2 failed its own tests on PPC so I
want it to die, btw: http://peach.infradead.org/extras/#sqlite :)

--
dwmw2