Upstream SPEC files

Looking through the mimedefang source code I see it comes with its own
spec file. While it does not look like the fedora extra ones.. I was
wondering if I should use it or use my own in packaging it for Extras.
The advantage is that bugs in it can be pushed upstream. The problem
is that it may not meet various fedora packaging criteria at some
point (It has a long comment area at the top of the spec file.)

Advice?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator