Packaging icons for new mime-types

I think it is pretty clear how to install a new mime-type used by
package.
However I do not entirely understand how to install a corresponding
icon. What I did for TeXmacs is that I packaged an icon named gnome-
mime-text-texmacs.xpm in the directory $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%
{_datadir}/icons/gnome/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-text-texmacs.xpm.
Is the correct way to do it?
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49